( See Beltaine Blog for a link to an edible flower list with a taste description . )
What is it?
It's the first day of Summer . It's the longest day(light) and shortest night ( darkness) of the year , It's the Summer Solstice.
Rituals and Spell Ideas:
- A healing ritual/ spell for Earth's waters
-Spells for increased health , vitality and energy
- Sand symbol spells or Sand bottle spells
-Make a sun catcher
- Star magic / Celestial magic
- Dream magic
- Sea rituals
- Love magic
- Empowerment spells and rituals
- Do some responsible wild crafting / foraging
- Do some outdoor meditation and or lounging
- Watch the sunrise and or the sunset
- Go camping -Get back into nature disconnect from technology and some modern conveniences
- Go to the beach
- Plant butterfly and bee attracting plants
- water for the bees ! check this out ! http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/2014/06/make-bee-waterer-help-hydrate-pollinators.html
Photos of me with mine below
- Do a moon garden or just plant some lunar or moon corresponding plants 1 Check out these articles :
- Star gazing
Make sun prints
Make garden decor - a sundial , bird bath , sculpture , seat etc.
Make a Summer wreath
Make herb filled mini pillows to aid in sleep , to enhance dreams , stop nightmares, or for physic or intuitive dreams
Make a Zen garden or make a Sand garden
- Flower ice cubes - Some flowers are wonderful in ice cubes and beverages
- Chilled Jasmine tea
- Grilled veggie burgers make your own or my favorites are Hilary's brand - All flavors and sunshine burgers particularly the falafal burger !
- Grilled veggie kabobs
- Grilled pineapple
- Vegan Ambrosia
- Grain salads
lemon thyme and parsley wheat berries
- Example 1
soft white wheat berries
lemon juice to taste
parsley and thyme to taste (fresh or dried )
The cooking instructions for different types of wheat berries are similar.
For stove top cooking, bring 2 ½ cups (625 ml) of water to a boil for every 1 cup (250 ml) of raw wheat berries. Before adding wheat berries to boiling water, place them in a colander and rinse under running water until the water runs clear. Add wheat berries to boiling water, and stir until water returns to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until wheat berries are tender. Remove from heat, drain off any excess water and fluff wheat berries with a fork. 1 cup of raw wheat berries will yield 2 ½ cups cooked wheat berries.
Wheat berries can also be added to soups and stews during cooking. Allow for at least 45 minutes of cooking time and add extra water since wheat berries absorb water and double in size once they're cooked.
Depending on the type of recipe you'll be adding wheat berries to, cooking time may vary slightly. For instance, a salad tastes better with slightly al dente, or chewy wheat berries, while other dishes such as breakfast porridge may require wheat berries that are slightly softer and cooked longer.
note: I soak my wheat berries in the fridge overnight so, optional idea
when wheat berries are done add other ingredients mixing as u go .
- Salads with added flowers and vegan dressings ( organicville brand has vegan versions of all the transnationals I think ranch, creamy Italian and so on .. that taste truly identical at least the ranch did which is all I tried . Organicville also has vegan teryaki, and bbq sauces , there are vegan horse radish sauces and vegan tarter sauce too and probably anything you can imagine the only thing I've yet to find a vegan version of is pop tarts .( 2015 - found them )
- Trail mix
Mango trail mix
Mango trail mix Recipe
Used desired amounts of each and mix in a large bowl
Just mango slices - dehydrated ( dried ) mangoes
Freeze dried cranberries
Organic date piece with oat flour
Raw whole cashews
Raw sunflower seeds
Apple Trail Mix
- Some Vegan fish options :
Baked Shitake vegan shirmp recipe http://www.forkandbeans.com/2014/05/15/baked-shiitake-shrimp/
Tempeh vegan fish recipe http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/tempeh-fish-nchips-with-tartar-sauce/?utm_source=Green+Monster+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=27f40e53e3-NEWSLETTER_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bbf62ddf34-27f40e53e3-102169273
Fish feels facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FishFeel.org
You may be able to find these at a local co- op, health food section of grocery store or wholefoods store as well !
Already made vegan prawns http://www.veganstore.com/product/sophies-kitchen-vegan-prawns/cold-pack-required
A lot more already made vegan fish options - just scroll a tad starts at the 3rd I believe - http://www.veganstore.com/category/cold-pack-required
- Chilled "Ginger Sweet Potato Carrot Carrot Soup"Ingredients:3 C. Sweet Potato chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces1 1/2 TBS. Organic ginger juice16 oz. Pure Carrot juice3/4 C. Shreded carrots3/4 Tsp. Fresh shreded ginger ( optional but, delightful )1 14oz. can light coconut milk3/4 tsp. ginger juiceDirections :1.) In a medium size pot. Cook sweet potatoes in water and 1 1/2 TBS. Ginger juice until soft and mashable. Strain . 2.) Mash some but, not all to allow chunks in soap. Add carrot juice , coconut milk, carrots, fresh grted ginger and 3/4 tsp. ginger juice. 3.) Cook over medium low het until warm and carrot shreds are desired consistency . serve chilled
- Raw Zucchini Soup http://ourwellnessbydesign.blogspot.com/2015/04/raw-zucchini-soup.html
Cucumber lemongrass soup ( chilled soup - great for Summer!)
Other links :
My youtube video for Summer Solstice -